

teoli

alispivak: community redesign meeting now?

alispivak: you wrote: "We will also discuss in the Redesign feedback meeting, Tuesday 15 October @ 17:00 UTC, in the [#devmo](#) IRC channel. "

10:01

sankha93 [Instantbir@68CDE1B6.AA42D49B.2FB84AC6.IP] entered the room.

10:01

alispivak

yes

10:01

sheppy

Yep

Meeting time then 😊

10:01

alispivak

hello everyone!

10:02

teoli

Hello, my name is teoli and I'm a MDN writer.

10:02

Ms2ger

Not a Mozillian?

10:02

alispivak

hello, my name is ali and i've got a terribly sore throat, so please excuse me if I'm a little off today 😞

10:02

teoli

Ms2ger: also, also!

10:02

Ms2ger

A mozflu, too?

10:03

teoli has plenty of small points for the meeting.

10:03

openjck

John here. Front-end developer and occasional part project manager on MDN.

10:03

alispivak

i thought I was over the mozflu, but it came back with a vengeance yesterday

10:03

sheppy

sheppy here. I try to keep the writing work organized and orderly, but mostly fail. 😊

10:03

openjck

MozTwo, I suppose. 10:04

Ms2ger
sheppy, oh, but we still love you 😊 10:04

alispivak
anyone else want to introduce themselves? 10:04

sheppy
Ms2ger: I love you too 😊 10:04

Ms2ger
Hi, I'm Ms2ger, and I much prefer mediawiki 10:04

sheppy
Ms2ger: poor fool 10:04

Ms2ger
😊 10:04

chrismills
I'm chrismills, and I mainly write lists of things that I don't have time to write about... 10:05

Ms2ger
Sounds like chrismills needs interns 10:05

sheppy
chrismills: oh, that's a good one. 10:05

chrismills
I so do. 10:05

sheppy
I still wish I had an assistant. 😊 10:05

Ms2ger
Not it 10:05

alispivak
Ms2ger: heh 10:05

teoli
chrismills: I have a trick! When the list reaches 100 items, throw it away in the wastebasket. Important things will reappear soon 10:05

wbamberg

wbamberg, also an MDN writer. I wait for chrismills to write things then adopt them

10:07

alispivak

ok, so, the purpose of this meeting is to discuss the redesign specifically, bugs people are finding in the beta and to determine which of the open bugs we think block the beta from becoming public the list of open beta bugs is here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=914840&hide_resolved=1

for this meeting, I'd like to concentrate on the bugs in the tree

under https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=910513

10:08

firebot

Bug 910513 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, Redesign bug reports and change requests

10:09

alispivak

if it is easier, you can see just those bugs in the tree here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=910513&hide_resolved=1

10:09

teoli

We should group them in topics: we have several bugs about the width of columns, several about TOC, several about tags...

10:09

alispivak

yes. I sent out an email last week with the bugs grouped but haven't gone through the bugs and moved them into categories yet

10:10

teoli

Also there are dependencies: there is no point in discussing details of TOC as long as there is no decision how to solve the layout fundamental problems (which may impact TOC)

The three columns layout for articles just doesn't work.

We should reduce to two.

10:11

alispivak

teoli: I should let you lead this discussion 😊

does anyone else have strong feelings on the three vs. two column layout?

that would be a fundamental change to the new design

10:12

sheppy

teoli: We have problems with the 3-column view, but I'm not sure how we would lay things out in a 2-column view given all the stuff we want to present.

I still think we can fix the 3-column view

10:12

teoli

I think we should do what has been done for the zone landing page. Removing the right column.

It would bring more coherence too

10:12

sheppy

But then were do you put the TOC?

10:13

teoli

In other words: moving TOC; tags and attachment.

10:13

sheppy

I'm not sure I agree, but would be open to seeing some mockups.

But I bet this notion makes davidwalsh tear his hair out

10:13

teoli

For tags and attachment we could move to the quicklinks column.

10:13

alispivak

my question is: why is this important?

10:13

sheppy

And the TOC? We're just getting the ability to keep it on screen all the time in an impending push...

10:14

alispivak

do we have specific pages where we cannot use the three column layout?

10:14

teoli

alispivak: a lot of article are not useable right now.

10:14

alispivak

I know this is a problem with large tables, for example

10:14

teoli

a few hundred of them

10:14

sheppy

teoli: We need to find a solution for that but I don't think removing a column is the only solution

10:14

davidwalsh

sheppy: I am nothing but a tool, let me know when a decision is made

10:14

locomoco [Mibbit@F382F482.FFEDDEDD.3741773.IP] entered the room.

10:14

teoli

alispivak: with less than a 12" screen not usable

10:14

teoli

people complains that articles cannot be read confortably on a macbook air 10"

10:14

alispivak

would it make sense to have a small screen version that moves stuff around, but keep the current design for larger screens

10:15

teoli

Larger screen = +7" +?

I mean 17"

10:15

locomoco left the room.

10:15

teoli

I mean 17"

10:15

sheppy

alispivak: imo yes

10:16

kaustavdm [kido@DDF7744D.62BF6793.4B4F1E7A.IP] entered the room.

10:16

teoli

I have no problem to have 3-columns on very large screens

but on my 15" it doesn't work well

10:16

chrismills

I think that would work. For smaller screens, say 10-15", have a version that puts the left sidebar on top of the main content column

10:16

teoli

nothing on top please

10:16

sheppy

chrismills: not on top

But maybe tucked into something you can pop up.

10:16

teoli

people are there for the content, not for a useless toc

10:17

chrismills

Sorry - I meant the right hand column - the current article toc

10:17

teoli

I think we should have a floating widget for the toc that appear when hovered or clicked like for small screens

10:17

alispivak

so, then we'd have TOC, then quicklinks, then other stuff? if the TOC scrolls with the content, then you would never see the quicklinks meaning if everything goes in the left

10:17

sheppy

teoli: Yes, I think for small screens, going to something like that, with a little widget in the corner of the screen you can tap to pop up the TOC would be lovely.

10:17

teoli

People want syntax and example appear immediately when they look to a reference article

10:17

sheppy

Rather than putting it in the other column

10:18

teoli

they don't want to scroll to get the info they are looking for. If so, they would go to W3Schools like now
I think we should ask UX to propose us an alternative

10:18

alispivak

teoli: that is work that would have to be done on the writing/editing side

10:18

chrismills

sorry – the quicklinks and other stuff can stay on the left, but then the right hand column (article TOC) could go in this floating widget sheppy is talking about

10:18

mars

teoli, +1

10:19

sheppy

Maybe on small things, we add a little bar that has buttons to pop up all the things we currently put in sidebars.

10:19

chrismills

2 columns on a small laptop screen would be ok, 2 is too much

10:19

alispivak

teoli: I think this is a great idea, but I'd like to finish the columns discussion first

10:19

sheppy

TOC, quicklinks, zone nav, attachment list, tags.

10:19
teoli
alispivak: there is no work to be done: if we put toc before the content on a 10" there will be no content displayed anyway

10:20
chrismills
teoli: agreed, so let's hide the TOC like sheppy described

10:20
sheppy
chrismills: Could even have buttons in that bar to quickly navigate to the samples, syntax, etc.

10:20
teoli
chrismills: yes, this looks good

10:20
chrismills
This would also be a viable pattern for mobile/narrow screens

10:20
sheppy
chrismills: Yes

10:21
teoli
this widget will be a kind of very narrow third column?
I'm fine with this

10:21
sheppy
teoli: Or at the bottom of the screen on a phone in portrait mode

10:21
teoli
sheppy: sure

10:21
alispivak
we can have UX work out the best placement

10:22
sheppy
That would maximize screen space available and simplify utility.

10:22
teoli
alispivak: +1

10:22
teoli
sheppy: +1

10:22
sheppy
Without losing any functionality

10:22

teoli



10:22

sheppy

Agreed!

10:22

chrismills

It could be either of these two patterns:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Design/Responsive_Navigation_Patterns#Pattern_1.3A_Top_toggle_menu

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Design/Responsive_Navigation_Patterns#Pattern_3.3A_Left_hidden_menu

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Design/Responsive_Navigation_Patterns#Pattern_3.3A_Left_hidden_menu

or similar

(look at the mobile layout, in each case)

10:23

teoli

chrismills: both are ok for me

10:23

sheppy

chrismills: yes, exactly

10:24

teoli

So, can we set an action to reach habber about it?

10:24

alispivak

ok, so can someone update one of the open bugs about column with with this request?

I'm thinking: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926312

10:24

firebot

Bug 926312 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, The content column is too narrow

10:24

alispivak

and cc habber

10:24

sheppy

chrismills: you want to do that?

10:24

chrismills

sheppy: sure thang

10:25

sheppy

chrismills: awesome

10:25

chrismills

I'll make sure habber gets the request

10:25

teoli

ACTION: chrismills to complete bug 926312 with the ideas to morph the right column in something different.



\o/

10:25

sheppy

woot

10:25

alispivak

chrismills: can you add [needs UX] in the whiteboard, please

10:26

teoli

Note that this likely means that all bugs about TOC, tags, attachments should be on hold until this is done (at least the one about the look of these)

10:26

alispivak

getting back to the content organization

10:26

chrismills

alispivak: whiteboard? sorry, didn't understand that

10:26

teoli

chrismills: whiteboard is a field of bugzilla

10:26

chrismills

teoli: oh, ok. I've found it 😊

10:27

teoli is listening right now.

10:28

sheppy

content organization?

10:28

alispivak

ok, teoli also brought up putting examples, etc on the top part of the content

I don't see any bugs on this

and i

am not sure it should be a launch blocker in any case

10:29

sheppy

No, shouldn't be IMO

10:29

alispivak

although I agree it is something we need to investigate

there are several bugs about the H1, H2 appearance

which I would like to discuss next

10:30

teoli

alispivak: moving things to the top is in no way a blocking things

10:30

alispivak

ok, glad we agree

10:30

teoli

<h2> and <h3> are very similar, especially if we use <code>...</code> in the second (or the first I don't remind)

I know that Jeremie filed a bug for the whole header rhythm (diatonic spacing or something similar)

10:31

sheppy

I dunno what that means 😊

10:31

alispivak

this one? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=912967

10:32

firebot

Bug 912967 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, The content title hierarchy is hard to understand

10:32

teoli

But the <h2> <h3> thing with <code>...</code> is the problematic one

10:32

mars

davidwalsh, openjck ^ did that header issue come up in the visual design call earlier?

10:32

sheppy files bug 927025 about the fact that styles are different in edit mode than in reading mode

10:32

firebot

Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=927025 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, Styles while reading and while editing do not match

10:32

teoli

alispivak: yes that bug

10:32

fscholz

In the old design <h2> was underlined, I think. That made the difference clear.

10:32

sheppy

Yes, I miss that.

davidwalsh

Martell should be in here, no?
He's working on MDN today

10:32

sheppy

Also served as a bit of a separator of sorts between major sections.

10:32

fscholz

sheppy: indeed

10:33

teoli

I think we should just ask sean + UX about there opinion here

10:33

sheppy

Yeah

10:33

teoli

there = their

10:33

Ms2ger

No it isn't

10:33

sheppy slaps Ms2ger with Funk & Wagnall's.

10:33

teoli

It is really a theme things, so I don't feel confident about it.

10:34

alispivak

I'll update the bug and ask Sean

10:34

chrismills

I think we should avoid underlines. Underlines are so 1980s text book

10:35

Ms2ger

Also, look like links

10:35

mars

alispivak, teoli, IIRC the content title hierarchy did come up in our earlier call, but I don't know if he's on the bug yet

10:35

chrismills

Ms2ger: good point 😊

10:35

teoli

10:35

alispivak: +1 10:35

teoli
mars: which call? 10:35

chrismills
But the hierarchy differences do need a kick in the ass. 10:36

fscholz
yup 10:36

chrismills
h2+h3 in particular 10:36

teoli
Once settled, it will likely be an easy fix. 10:36

sheppy
Yep 10:36

alispivak
ok, we're agreed on that one. 10:36

mars
teoli, MDN visual design call 10:37

mars
alispivak, +1 10:37

teoli
mars: never heard of this! 10:37

teoli
alispivak: +1 10:37

teoli
mars: is there a summary of the decision taken in that call? 10:37

sheppy
We need to open up, or better publicize, more of our meetings. 10:37

wbamberg
yes, I would suggest something stronger than asking UX what they think - we did already do that I think. We've had a lot of feedback about this (h2/h3). 10:38

alispivak

yeah - I'm not on that call either

10:38

trevorh [trevor@moz-D21C16C0.Inse1.woo.bigpond.net.au] entered the room.

10:38

teoli

wbamberg: \o/

10:38

sheppy

I agree with wbamberg -- something has to be done with those headings to differentiate them.

I think the only question, and it may be rhetorical, is whether or not to put a line under h2. 😊

10:39

Waldo left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87-7.1450hg.fc19 [XULRunner 24.0/20130916094533]).

10:39

Ms2ger

No



10:39

teoli

So bug 912967 -> [NeedsUX] ?

10:39

alispivak

I've asked Sean to make changes and put it as launch blocking

10:39

sheppy

alispivak: excellent

10:39

teoli

alispivak: \o/

10:39

alispivak

and marked it as [needs design]
copied UX as well

mars, handing that off to you 😊
bug 912967 ^

10:40

mars

thanks

10:40

davidwalsh

Can I jump in quick?

We spoke with Sean this morning

10:41

teoli

davidwalsh: sure!

10:41

sheppy

davidwalsh: of course!

10:41

davidwalsh

Sean would like, as I mentioned in an email last week, one document on MDN that contained all the blocks we need styled

She's over the moon happy to do it

So as soon as you provided him one big doc with all of those things, his number 1 priority is getting you the styles and modules you need

10:42

teoli

davidwalsh: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/User:teoli/In_content



10:42

davidwalsh drops mic

10:42

teoli

Still have to add a few

10:42

davidwalsh

That's it?

10:42

sheppy

Yeah, teoli's been working on it. It's mostly done, but not quite yet.

10:42

davidwalsh

OK, well, as soon as that's done, Martell will make all of our dreams come true

10:42

teoli

I still have to add: banners, badges and a few tables.

10:42

davidwalsh

So don't file tickets, etc.

Just hook him up with that

10:43

teoli

davidwalsh: He will get it tomorrow when he starts working.



10:43

davidwalsh

\o/

10:43

teoli

(I know it took me more time than expected to put this page together)

10:43

davidwalsh

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o>

10:44

sheppy



10:45

alispivak

ok. moving on – there area lot of accessibility bugs

10:45

sheppy

One might say there ARIA lot of accessibility bugs...

10:45

davidwalsh

Color / contrast related

10:45

sheppy

rimshot

10:46

davidwalsh quits

10:46

chrismills

it's a sensitive ARIA to discuss...

10:46

alispivak sighs

10:46

sheppy bows before chrismills's genius

10:46

teoli

The a11y bugs worried me a bit: they have the most potential to lead to large amount of work.

10:46

sheppy

alispivak: other than color things, what do we have?

10:47

teoli

As said by Jeremie, a lot of problems have been avoided thanks to davidwalsh working with very good practices.

So we are not that bad.

10:48

sheppy

yeah

10:48

teoli

Kinou from ubuntu-fr made a report (in french) that I translated into bugs

(with [a11y] at the beginning)

10:48

alispivak

there are also a lot of duplicates of those
I am working on organizing them

10:48

teoli

alispivak: yes! Sure

10:48

alispivak

the main question is: are these launch blocking?

10:49

teoli

Likely some, unlikely all.

The search box on the home page being not enough contrasted is likely to be a problem

10:49

davidwalsh

The Dojo Toolkit had some sort of JS or CSS-based logic for finding out if the user was using some sort of contrast helper

10:49

sheppy

I think contrast things are generally possibly blocking, and the rest mostly not.

10:49

alispivak

this has been reported by several people
the search box not having enough contrast, that is

10:50

davidwalsh

I'll look for that, but otherwise, we may need to shift some colors around

10:50

teoli

Maybe, once bugs organized, we should need to have davidwalsh to estimate the amount of work for them (like: trivial, easy, medium, hard) ?

10:51

openjck

We talked about the search box with Sean today. He feels we should leave it as-is, at least for the beta.

10:51

teoli

alispivak: yes, and it was said to be a major request from the UX survey in February

10:51

teoli

openjck: we are speaking about the launch now

10:52

openjck

One possibility is to add a magnifying glass icon, but beyond that he feels confident

with what we have, again at least for the beta.

teoli: My fault. To be clear, I mean he wants to keep it that way for the /duration/ of the beta, and recommends we take another launch after the full launch.

10:53

alispivak

the request from people opening the bug is to have more contrast in the search box

10:53

chrismills (My ACTION is done: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926312)

10:54

firebot

Bug 926312 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, The content column is too narrow

10:54

chrismills

Another problem is the all caps in the search box. A few people have complained about that being confusing

10:54

davidwalsh

chrismills: That was fixed long ago

10:54

teoli

chrismills: is it still the case?

10:54

openjck

Might be best to circle back with Sean on that, then. From what I have heard he wants to keep it that way, but we can keep the conversation going.

10:54

teoli

davidwalsh: +1

10:55

sheppy

chrismills: thanks

10:55

chrismills

davidwalsh: oh, I am sorry.

I just checked it 😊

10:55

sheppy

I never saw all caps in the search box but I don't use it often, since I tend to browse to my content.

10:55

chrismills

A few people at the summit complained about it, so I assumed it was not fixed....silly me.

10:56

alispivak

ok – i'll group the accessibility bugs together, and then I will need someone with background on the topic to identify the most important ones to be addressed
teoli: can you have the person who reported the original bugs give priority on them?

10:56

teoli

alispivak: I can!

10:56

davidwalsh

If someone can take screenshots of the a11y contrast issues, and better yet tell us the tool(s) they use, that would make my life

10:57

alispivak

ok, I'll let you know when they are grouped

10:57

teoli

ACTION: teoli to ask Kinou to give priority to a11y bugs

10:57

mars

teoli, it might also help if they are tagged: I think there is a bugzilla keyword, too?

10:57

chrismills

davidwalsh One thing though – the hit area of the magnifying glass button should be as high as the search bar, not just the magnifying glass height. Is there a bug for that yet?
That's an a11y issue

10:57

mars

davidwalsh, +1

10:57

sheppy nods

10:58

teoli

Three priority: P1=Must (content not accessible), P2=Should (content accessible but difficult to reach/see), P3=Other

10:58

alispivak

teoli: did you see davidwalsh request?

10:58

teoli

alispivak: which one?

10:58

alispivak

about screenshots/tools?

10:58

teoli

alispivak: oh I missed it, yes I can. Some bugs already have a screenshot, btw

10:58

alispivak

ok, we only have a few minutes – any other bugs we need to discuss?

10:58

teoli

ACTION: teoli to provide screenshots for all constrast issues

10:59

alispivak

this one? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926308

10:59

firebot

Bug 926308 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, People find the change language button at the bottom of the page confusing

10:59

teoli

alispivak: this is a big problem.

10:59

alispivak

and/or https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304

10:59

teoli

The problem is:

10:59

firebot

Bug 926304 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, Choose language should not be hidden between the gear button

10:59

alispivak

eek

10:59

teoli

we have two language widgets
And they don't behave the same

11:00

alispivak

one is for the page framework and one is for the content, I beleive

11:00

teoli

I can describe the behavior of both and circle back to habber for feedback?

11:00

alispivak

but it is very confusing

teoli: I think that is a good idea

11:01

teoli

ACTION: teoli describe behavior of both language widget and ask habber for feedback 11:01

mars

alispivak, think they should be blockers, or should we make the decision after ux feedback?

11:01

teoli

We should make them block for now. We can remove a blocker at any time

11:02

alispivak

yes – I think the language ones are blockers, especially the page language being hidden

11:02

davidwalsh

So there was some code that ensured the bottom page lang thing worked with the wiki — I patched that for the redesign yesterday and a PR is in FYI

11:03

sheppy

I agree that having the language picker hidden in the gear menu is a mistake.

11:03

alispivak

davidwalsh excellent

11:03

davidwalsh

Sorry, it looks like it's been merged
So it may be live now

11:03

teoli

davidwalsh: cool so I can look at this tomorrow 😊

11:04

alispivak

ok!

11:04

sheppy

Yeah, it works. Would be nice to have similar at the top of the page though

11:04

alispivak

one last bug

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263

11:04

firebot

Bug 917263 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, Redesign: Folder indicator icons in zone nav seem backward

11:04
alispivak
gah.
I've heard this from a lot of people
that the arrows point the "wrong" way and it isn't intuitive to click on them to open the
content
thoughts?

11:05
sheppy
I agree.

11:05
davidwalsh
Ask Sean, I used the arrows he designed

11:05
sheppy
They're very awkward.

11:06
davidwalsh
How can up and down be "very awkward"? 😊

11:06
teoli has no opinion on this.

11:06
sheppy
They're totally different from all other places I've seen disclosure arrows.

11:06
davidwalsh
Where?

11:06
sheppy
Typically, unopened disclosable content has an arrow pointing to the right, and pointing
down when open.

11:06
davidwalsh
Regardless, if they need to be flipped, that's easy

11:06
sheppy
I've never seen them done this way before, and they confuse me because of it.
The pointing up is something I've never seen, personally.

11:07
chrismills
They are not that bad, IMO, but the convention is usually to have a right-pointing arrow
when closed, and a down-facing arrow when open, no?

11:07
sheppy
chrismills: yes

chrismills 11:07
I think following this convention would clear up the issue

sheppy 11:07
The up-pointing arrow throws me off; I don't know what to make of it.

alispivak 11:07
i agree
ok, I'll update the bug and mark it as a blocker

davidwalsh 11:08
File a ticket and I can update

alispivak 11:08
we're a bit over time - anything else

mars 11:08
davidwalsh, would it help if sheppy reviewed the fix before you land it? Could save some rework and PRs if it needs more than one round of work.

davidwalsh acts like an old carmudgeon 11:08

alispivak 11:08
davidwalsh: will do

sheppy hugs davidwalsh 11:08

davidwalsh 11:09
mars: Not unless he has a working kuma instance
I just need a decision so I don't have to do it more than once

mars 11:09
+1

alispivak 11:09
davidwalsh will do that

sheppy 11:09
I have two, actually, but I don't know enough yet about how to do stuff in them to try patches.

The arrow thing, yeah, all we need is the upward arrow to be changed into one pointing right. 11:09

alispivak
ok, I'm going to close this meeting out. We'll meet againn ext week, same time

sheppy 11:09
Everything else is good there.

davidwalsh 11:09
I should teach sheppy how to create PRs so I never have to touch the WYSIWYG again!

davidwalsh ducks 11:09

sheppy 11:10

alispivak: one thing -- I personally feel that the lack of highlighting of the current page in the zone nav is a problem.

alispivak 11:10

ah, yes 11:10

sheppy 11:10
I think that should be considered a blocker ,personally, but I know we're trying to keep the list small.

alispivak 11:10

what bug is that?
I'm less worried about small, and more about making sure the site is usable

wbamberg left the room (quit: Quit: wbamberg). 11:11

alispivak 11:11

and davidwalsh is happy
and users are happy

teoli 11:12

alispivak: are you making a summary of the decision/actions on dev-mdc?
alispivak: and an invitation there for more participants?

alispivak 11:12

yes, I will
plus a transcript of this IRC chat

davidwalsh 11:12

sheppy: URLs in the subnav need to be updated to reflect the zone alias

alispivak 11:12

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926853 11:12

firebot
Bug 926853 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, [Zone navigation] Intrazone navigation is

difficult because the side menu doesn't show where we are.

11:12

alispivak

sheepy ^?

11:12

chrismills

baaaa

11:13

sheppy

alispivak: yes

11:13

alispivak

heh

11:13

sheppy

alispivak: that's the bug I'm talking about 😊

11:13

davidwalsh

Otherwise the dev team needs to try to track multiple urls for the same page

11:13

alispivak

anyone else want to weigh in on that bug?

11:13

davidwalsh

Doesn't seem performant

11:13

alispivak

davidwalsh: yes, that is an action item for the content folks

11:14

wbamberg [wbamberg@72E5E524.950B4F14.DF4B730F.IP] entered the room.

11:14

davidwalsh

What I will try to do is get the URL lookup in the editor to broadcast the zone url if it doesn't already

11:14

teoli

alispivak: I think it is an important bug, we need to dig more in it. Maybe loop habber for this

11:15

alispivak

ok

thanks everyone. I'll send a summary out on the mailing list as well as post in the redesign wiki

11:16

chrismills

night night folks. 11:16

chrismills left the room (quit: Quit: Off to find beer and rock and roll...). 11:17

teoli

alispivak: good meeting. 11:21

davidwalsh

Supposedly this (<https://github.com/dojo/dojo/blob/master/hccss.js>) let's me determine if the user has high contrast mode on 11:21

sheppy

Yep, sounds good 11:21

davidwalsh

So we can modify colors for that 11:21

sheppy

Er, yep, good meeting, with I think good outcomes and action items. 11:22

teoli

sheppy: yes, but we still have a lot more bugs to get through: there will be more blockers appearing in the next couple of weeks. 11:22

sheppy

teoli: yes 11:22

teoli

sheppy: Not that I have any in mind right now 11:22

sheppy

of course
But we're doing pretty well 11:25